Comer Distributing Company distributes over 900 SKUs for over 60 suppliers. Of those 900 SKUs, around 60% are craft, our fastest growing category, and 15% are imports. Although craft and imports total over 675 SKUs, the volume leader is domestics, which bring in almost 75% of their sales with only 100 packages. MillerCoors is Comer’s largest supplier. Crown Imports, Heineken USA, North American Breweries, and Pabst Brewing Company are also major suppliers.
Distributing to York, Chester, Fairfield, Lancaster, Kershaw, Lexington, and Richland counties, Comer Distributing Company is a South Carolina wholesale beer distributor which was founded in 1971 by H. Leon Comer Sr. For more on the history of Comer Distributing, click here. Located in Rock Hill, SC, Comer carries many great brands of beer along with several non-alcoholic drinks. Comer’s brands are sold throughout their territories to all retail establishments: grocery stores, convenience stores, bars, and restaurants.
Certainly, beer was one of the first beverages ever produced by humans. There are written records of beer from Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia. Beer can even occur in nature, as some cereals containing certain sugars can spontaneously ferment due to airborne wild yeasts. During the industrial revolution, the brewing of beer moved from being mostly an artisan process to an industrial one. Today, brewers large and small produce and sell over 35 billion gallons per year.